Happy Holidays……………You have been sued!
- That swimming pool that has been ignored now that it is cold is still an attraction to a child visiting. Make sure the gate is closed and locked.
- If there are objects near the pool fence or gate that make it easy for a child to climb over, move them!
- Everyone knows of the deep fat fried turkey stories. If you are deep fat frying a turkey in boiling oil consider how far from the house you should be. Consider how easily a person can be burned AND NEVER FORGET the turkey displaces oil so do not over fill the pot.
- Decorations can be a hazard. For little ones there are choking hazards. For adults there are tripping hazards. And for the teenager, there is the unattended bottle of alcohol hazard.
- Allowing a guest to drink too much and drive is a receipt for disaster. Never allow a guest to leave if they had too much to drink. Get them a ride! You may be able to avoid a dram shop claim, but why go through that hassle.
- And then there is the fireplace. Before lighting it you may want to have it checked.
So with these simple reminders and truly a wish for a great holiday season, to quote an old TV show, let’s be careful out there!