West, Longenbaugh and Zickerman P.L.L.C.
We Can Help You 520-790-7337 Se Habla Español

Relocate Without Notifying Other Parent

Named One of the Best Divorce Law Firms in
Tucson by Kgun9
View All Legal Services »


Simply put, NO, you should never relocate without notifying the child's other parent.

Under Arizona Law, Arizona Revised Statute 25-408, under almost all factual circumstances a parent must provide written notice at least 45 days prior to relocating with the minor child(ren).

This is true whether the parent who wants to relocate has sole or joint legal decision making authority.

The parent must provide the notice in writing and this must be mailed to the other parent by certified mail.

The failure to do so could result in the parent losing the relocation case.

I have been apart of many relocation cases and just remember that if you are thinking about relocating with your child and the other parent resides in the same town or within 100 miles please go see a competent family law attorney who can help you avoid the many pitfalls that are inherent in the relocation statute.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Let’s Begin Solving Your Legal Problem

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact Us Today »
West, Longenbaugh and Zickerman P.L.L.C.

310 S. Williams Blvd
Suite 250
Tucson, AZ 85711

Phone: 520-518-3781
Fax: 520-748-0852
Tucson Law Office Map

  • BirdEye Best Lawyers 2019