West, Longenbaugh and Zickerman P.L.L.C.
We Can Help You 520-790-7337 Se Habla Español

October 2016 Archives

View All Legal Services »

What is a Consent Decree?

So, What's a Consent Decree? The Easier Way to Divorce

A Consent Decree could be considered the easier way to divorce, if there is such a thing. You and your spouse get to a Consent Decree by working together, either on your own or in mediation to come to agreements about Legal Decision Making Authority and Parenting Time (if you have kids), the division of your assets and debts, child support and spousal support. While its possible to work towards a Consent Decree after someone has filed for divorce, I find that it works best when the parties work together before running to the courthouse. Here is what happens in the best of situations:

Using Small Claims Court to Collect on a Debt


Suppose one of the following: (1) you are owed a "small" debt; (2) you entered a contract for some product for your home and it hasn't been provided or is defective; (3) you were involved in an auto accident where your only claim is damage to your vehicle; (4) you were given a bad check. These and other types of "small claims" don't warrant hiring an attorney to represent you as the cost of legal fees could equal or exceed the amount owed you. What legal remedy is available to you? You may be able to pursue your remedies in the "Small Claims Court."

Let’s Begin Solving Your Legal Problem

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact Us Today »
West, Longenbaugh and Zickerman P.L.L.C.

310 S. Williams Blvd
Suite 250
Tucson, AZ 85711

Phone: 520-518-3781
Fax: 520-748-0852
Tucson Law Office Map

  • BirdEye Best Lawyers 2019